Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First things First..Part 2

I'm reminded that when we are walking in the spirit we are walking in the power. A greater power that was given to us by God. When the apostles spoke they spoke the word with boldness but not in their strength it was through the strength of God. God was breathing in them. They gave witness to the ressurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. PRAYER is a BIG key..and being baptized with the Holy Spirit of God. They made a major impact because of the power..Power is added to authority.. 1 Corth 4:20: "The kingdom of God is not in word but in power." This power made a forceful and huge explosive on the unbelievers around them. As I read Acts 4: 31 and 33 this is a reminder of why we need the word and the power. The power brings about change. When we have the power it will bring to rememberance of Jesus correct teachings. The purpose of having the infilling of the Holy Spirit in our lives brings about the outpouring of God's love in our heart to shine before the unbeliever's heart. Let's continue to let God takes us higher by seeking him. Maybe you are sitting here reading saying WOW this is too deep. Or I just don't get it. I ask that you pray this prayer Father, I ask that you reveal yourself to me in a way that I have never known before. If there is something you have for me that I have not experience, then show me now. I ask you to pour your Holy Spirit into my heart. With this infilling. I ask you to impart in me the passion to witness as your disciples did on the day of pentecost. I ask that you help me with my prayer life, lifting me to levels far beyond my natural natural strength and understanding. When I pray, I want the authority and the power of the living God. Guide me oh Lord through your Holy Spirit, in the path you would have me to go. Father, I ask that you pour into my heart a love that is so rich it can be only seen as agape love. A love that is seen as the throne of the living God. Lord I want more of you..In Jesus mighty name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment